Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Stanley Hotel!!!

On our way home from Covenant Heights, my friend Michael and I stopped by a fancy little place called The Stanley Hotel. Last time I hinted that this location was enjoyed by Harry, Lloyd and Steven. Steven King of course, the author of The Shining, and Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. Dumb and Dumber used this location for taping a party scene!


This shot is an HDR photo, in which i took a photo of a couple different exposures and merged them.




Here are the really cool banisters that lead up the stairs to the "Hotel Guests Only" section. Who in their right mind would stay in that hotel? I would!


When we walked into the hotel we were caught by surprise. Some of the areas were closed off. We peeked into the music room and saw the awesome Stanley buggy! I named it the Stanley Steamer.


This was the sight we were greeted with when we walked into the Hotel. The Stanley Hotel was getting the floor refinished, and so all of the furniture was gone! The Tour Guide that greeted us said that this is not likely to happen for another 50-75 years. I instantly started snapping off pictures. It's cool to think that i saw a sight that might not be seen for another maybe 75 years! 




The Stanley Hotel had some really awesome decor that caught my eye. These were some awesome little pillars that stood next to the fireplace.



Some more awesome decorations in the lobby of the hotel.I really liked the fake candles that were hanging on the wall. I was also trying to get interesting shots and hoping that a "ghost" or "ghoulie" would sneak it's way into my picture. 




Like I said earlier, I was sort of trying to get some eery photos, and this one really caught my eye. It was interesting just waiting for the shot, as people walked in and out of the frame.


There you have it! The last few posts were from my adventures in Estes Park, who knows what will be coming next? I sure don't... but i'm excited for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment